Dear parents/carers of Year 9 and Year 10 students,
You are invited to attend a Career Pathways Parent Information Session at Hume Central Secondary College, Town Park Campus on Monday 25 July between 4.30-5.30pm.
This session will provide you with the knowledge required to help your children to make decisions on their studies and career direction. Parents and guardians attending the Career Pathways Information Session will learn about:
- the education and training pathways available to students in Australia,
- the differences between university and TAFE
- the myths and realities of TAFE and university training and employment outcomes
- prerequisite subjects for different careers or pathways
- pathways to employment, apprenticeships and traineeships
- predicted areas of employment shortages
- how best to support their child in exploring career pathway
Following this session, you are invited to attend the Senior Pathways Subject Expo on Thursday 28 July between 2.30-3.30pm.
Please register your interest for this event, if you did not receive the registration link via email, please contact the office on 9066 3600 by Friday, 22 July 12pm.