COVID-19 UPDATE-8 (10/06/21): Year 7-10 Return to Onsite Learning
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
The Victorian Government has announced new arrangements for schools in Victoria from and including Friday 11 June. A summary of key changes and advice is provided below:
Based on advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, schools in metropolitan Melbourne will return to face-to-face learning and teaching for all students from and including Friday 11 June 2021.
Key health advice:
- If unwell stay home, get tested and return to school upon a negative test result.
Face masks (applies to all school settings)
- School staff and secondary school students aged 12 or older must always wear a face mask at school when indoors, or outdoors if 1.5 metre physical distancing cannot be maintained unless an exception applies.
- For the purposes of communicating, teachers and education support staff are not required to wear face masks while teaching, but those who wish to do so, can.
- Face masks are mandatory for all school staff and school students aged 12 or older when travelling to and from school.
Other Health Measures
- All staff, students and visitors to schools should undertake regular hand hygiene, particularly on arrival to school, before and after eating, after blowing their nose, coughing, sneezing or using the toilet. Staff should direct or supervise young students where required.
- Sharing of food is not permitted.
- Use non-contact greetings (not shaking hands, hugging or kissing).
- Year level or whole school assemblies are permitted when attended only by staff and students from a single school.
- Increased ventilation in rooms.
Density limits (applies to all school settings)
- The density limit of 1 person per 4 square metre applies in spaces used only by staff and to publicly accessible areas. It does not apply in classrooms or other areas used by students.
Work Experience/ Structured Workplace Learning
Work experience and Structured Workplace Learning is not permitted at this time. Year 10 students will attend on-site for exams from June 15 until June 22 and will commence semester 2 learning units from Wednesday June 23.
- School bus services will continue to operate as normal.
- Canteens will operate as normal.
On behalf of all staff at Hume Central Secondary College, welcome back to onsite learning at school tomorrow.