COVID-19 UPDATE-4 (25/05/21): Masks in Schools
Dear parents and carers,
The Victorian Government has announced that additional COVIDSafe measures will be in place from 6pm on Tuesday 25 May, in metropolitan Melbourne.
Changes to the COVIDSafe settings include new limits to public and private gatherings and changes to mask-wearing in some settings.
Schools will remain open with the current restrictions that are in place. There are no changes to existing density rules.
If you are in metropolitan Melbourne:
- School staff and secondary school students aged 12 or older must carry a face mask at all times and wear a face mask indoors when at school, including when attending an Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) program, unless a lawful exception applies.
- Face masks are mandatory for all school staff and school students aged 12 or older on public transport and when in taxis or rideshare vehicles. This includes traveling to and from school on public transport or in a vehicle with others not from your household.
- Teachers and education support staff are not required to wear face masks while teaching, but those who wish to do so, can.
- Visitors and parents continue to be welcome at our school but must also observe face mask requirements.
- School camps and excursions in both metropolitan and regional Victoria can continue if face mask requirements are followed.
These measures are aimed at giving health authorities the best opportunity to stop the spread of the virus in our community.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we continue to implement COVIDSafe practices at our school.