PARENT UPDATE-3 (25/05/20): Staged return to face-to-face teaching
Dear Parents and Guardians
Thank you for all of your support during this period of remote learning. Staff at the College have demonstrated great commitment to ensure that all students at Hume Central SC can maintain engagement with learning.
As outlined in previous communication, the College is currently preparing for students to return to onsite learning following the timeline below:
Stage 1 – Tuesday 26 May to Friday 5 June:
Year 11 and 12 VCAL and VCE students will return to onsite learning at Town Park Campus from Tuesday 26 May. Year 10 students undertaking VCE studies should also attend school for those classes where practicable. We will maintain the amended timetable with 60 minute periods during this stage.
Year 7-10 students will continue to engage in remote learning via Compass and other online platforms until Tuesday 9 June.
For those students who cannot be supervised at home and vulnerable children, the existing model of on-site schooling will remain in place during this period.
Stage 2: Tuesday June 9 onwards:
All other year levels (7-10) will return to learning onsite at all three Campuses.
Once a year level has returned, all students will be expected to attend school as normal. This means that if you choose to keep your child/children home after their year level has returned to onsite schooling, we can no longer support their learning from home. Where children are unable to attend for health or medical reasons, please contact us so we can make an appropriate plan.
Health and Safety Measures at School:
Whilst the Chief Health Officer has advised that students will not be required to maintain physical distancing at school, there will be a number of important changes on each of our three Campuses, consistent with health advice. Specific information regarding each Campus will be communicated by Campus Principals on Compass. I have included some relevant points in the summary below:
- To support the health and wellbeing of all our students and staff, our school will continue an enhanced cleaning routine and will encourage frequent hand washing.
- If your child is ill or is feeling unwell, they must not attend school. They must remain at home and seek medical advice.
- We will be restricting access to the school site for anyone other than immediate school staff and students. If parents/guardians need to make an enquiry we ask that you first make contact by phone so that an appointment can be made if necessary.
- Year level assemblies will be conducted via Zoom.
- Excursions and camps will be cancelled/postponed until further notice.
- All staff and students will undertake regular hand hygiene, particularly on arrival to school, before and after eating, after blowing their nose, coughing, sneezing or using the toilet. Hand sanitizer will be available at multiple points around each Campus.
- Students must bring their own water bottles and must not drink directly from water fountains.
We understand that some families may have concerns about this move back to onsite teaching and learning. Please contact the College if you have any questions or if we can provide any support.
We look forward to welcoming our students back to the classroom.
Keep safe and stay healthy.