The College has recently celebrated Harmony Week, a time that celebrates Australia’s cultural diversity. A number of activities occurred across the College to recognise and celebrate the school’s diverse and rich culture.
Many of these activities were student led and included:
- Lunchtime performances whereby students showcased their cultural dance and music.
- Cultural dress whereby students wore their traditional cultural clothes from lunchtime until the end of the day.
- Fundraising for people affected by the recent earthquake in Turkey and Syria.
- Face painting, positive message boards and karaoke.
- Sporting activities including staff versus student soccer match, basketball and dodgeball.
The message the College wants to spread in Harmony Week and always is, everyone belongs. In a world where you can be anything, be kind. For those students, families and staff celebrating Ramadan, we wish you a happy and peaceful Ramadan. For those students and families celebrating Easter, we wish you a happy Easter.