Parent/Carer Roles and Responsibilities
Parental involvement in schooling can strongly benefit both the child and parent. At Hume Central Secondary College we encourage parents and carers to participate in their child’s education. You can take part in many ways such as:
- Assisting with homework
- Attending student/teacher/parent conversations and conferences
- Coming along to information and course selection evenings
- Reading with your son/daughter
- Becoming a member of the School Council
- Joining in our co-curricular activities
- Making an appointment to speak with any of your child’s teachers or their Learning
- Community team leader
- Being interested in what your children do at school and ensuring they attend regularly.
We welcome your involvement and look forward to seeing you at various school activities.