Monday 25th of July was our Career Pathways Parent Information Session at our Town Park Senior Campus between 4.30-5.30pm.
During this evening families were provided with knowledge to help their child to make decisions regarding their studies and career direction through presentations about;
- the education and training pathways available to students in Australia,
- the differences between university and TAFE
- the myths and realities of TAFE and university training and employment outcomes
- prerequisite subjects for different careers or pathways
- pathways to employment, apprenticeships and traineeships
- predicted areas of employment shortages
- how best to support their child in exploring career pathways
Following this session families are invited to attend our upcoming Senior Pathways Subject Expo on Thursday 28 July.