As the holidays approach us, please take the time to relax, spend time with friends and family and undertake activities you enjoy. You certainly have earned a break.
Support on the holidays and always
Staff, including the Wellbeing Team will also be having a break these holidays which includes a break away from their emails and phones. However, this does not mean you are without support. If you are feeling stressed, upset, worried or just want someone to talk to, please remember you can contact the below supports and/or speak with a trusted adult.
- Headspace provides mental health support for young people 12-25 years. P: 1800 650 890. Open 9am-1am daily (AEST).
- Kids Helpline provides 24 hour phone counselling support by calling 1800 55 1800.
- Youth Beyond Blue offers resources and support for young people dealing with stress, anxiety or requiring wellbeing support. For phone support call 1300 22 4636 or visit https://www.youthbeyondblue.com/.
- Lifeline provides 24 hour phone and online support for people experiencing emotional distress. For phone support call 13 11 14.
- Suicide Call Back Service offers 24 hour phone or online chat services to people affected by suicide or feeling suicidal. For phone support call 1300 659 467.
Remember, if you or someone you know needs urgent assistance or is at risk of harming themselves or others, please contact 000 to speak with police/ambulance/fire services.
Please see below helpful wellbeing resources and holiday activities.
Wellbeing resources and holiday activities:
- Please see attached, A few ideas over the holidays to make you smile
- Hume City Council Youth Services is hosting a range of activities. Please see attached their Winter School Holiday Program.
- Glenroy Headspace will be commencing a free group session that aims to benefit VCE students experiencing educational/exam-related stress. Please see the attached flyer for more information. To register please call Headspace on 9304 1011 or use the QR code in the attached flyer.
- Tips for stay healthy and look after yourself over the holidays https://headspace.org.au/young-people/how-to-stay-healthy-over-the-holidays/
- Tips for good mental health: https://headspace.org.au/young-people/tips-for-a-healthy-headspace/
Stay safe and enjoy your break,
The Wellbeing Team