Scholarship for Excellence Application
Excellence Scholarships are available for students entering Year 7 at Hume Central Secondary College. Excellence could be demonstrated through involvement in the local community, music or drama, sport or academic excellence.
Three scholarships at each Junior Campus to the value of $500 will be awarded to eligible students entering Year 7 in 2023. Funds are to be used for educational purposes. For example:
The following supporting document, should be included:
- A photocopy of Grade 6 midyear report and final Grade 5 report.
- A supporting letter from the primary school principal indicating excellence and/or ability, and level of involvement in school activities.
- Photocopies of certificates, awards, examination or competition results, reports from music, drama or art teacher, or sports coach, citing excellence in the school or the general community.
- A short statement, in 300 words or less, written and signed by the applicant, outlining his/her goals for the future.
- The completed application form.
Application must be submitted no later than 28th October 2022, either by post or delivered to Town Park Campus in a sealed envelope.
Successful candidates will be notified in Term 4, prior to Year 7 Orientation Day.
Hume Central Secondary College
PO Box 159
Town Park Reception
60-70 Tanderrum Way