Student wellbeing activities and support over the holidays
A big congratulations for all your hard work this term. As the holidays approach us, please take the time to relax, spend time with friends and family and undertake activities you enjoy. You certainly have earned a break.
Support on the holidays and always
Staff, including the Wellbeing Team will also be having a break these holidays which includes a break away from their emails and phones. However, this does not mean you are without support.
If you are feeling stressed, upset, worried or just want someone to talk to, please remember you can contact the below supports and/or speak with a trusted adult.
- Headspace provides mental health support for young people 12-25 years. P: 1800 650 890, open 9am-1am daily (AEST).
- Kids Helpline provides 24 hour phone counselling support by calling 1800 55 1800.
- Youth Beyond Blue offers resources and support for young people dealing with stress, anxiety or requiring wellbeing support. For phone support call 1300 22 4636.
- Lifeline provides 24 hour phone and online support for people experiencing emotional distress. For phone support call 13 11 14.
- Suicide Call Back Service offers 24 hour phone or online chat services to people affected by suicide or feeling suicidal. Please call call 1300 659 467.
Remember, if you or someone you know needs urgent assistance or is at risk of harming themselves or others, please contact 000 to speak with police/ambulance/fire services.
Wellbeing resources and holiday activities:
- Hume City Council Youth Services is hosting a range of activities. Please see attached their School Holiday Program.
- Tips to stay healthy and look after yourself over the holidays : https://headspace.org.au/young-people/how-to-stay-healthy-over-the-holidays/
- Tips for good mental health: https://headspace.org.au/young-people/tips-for-a-healthy-headspace/
Broadmeadows Basketball are running two exciting programs aimed at improving health and wellbeing outcomes for secondary school students through basketball, wellbeing and professional development.
Low to no cost basketball – from Term 4, 2023 Broadmeadows Basketball are providing low to no cost participation in basketball.
Register here: https://forms.gle/rVmEx9m6uhmaJVEv5 –
Future You Academy – 9 week accredited program starting Term 1, 2024 involving free basketball uniforms, coaching, training and off court development in areas that support personal growth and job readiness (goal setting, accredited skills training). Please contact Sharin on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0430 383 394 to find out more information.
Have an enjoyable break and look forward to seeing you back at school on Monday 2 October 2023
The Wellbeing Team