TUESDAY AUGUST 15 – PARENT/TEACHER/STUDENT CONFERENCES
Dear Parents / Carers,
A strong partnership between school and family plays an important role in improving student learning and maintaining student engagement with school through positive attendance and respectful behaviour. At Hume Central Secondary College we aim to maintain strong connections with all families to ensure that we are working together to support our students. Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences are an essential element of this relationship.
Details relating to the Term 3 Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences are outlined below:
DATE: Tuesday August 15 2023
PLACE: All interviews will occur onsite with COVID-19 safety measures being implemented
TIMES: 11.00 am – 2.00pm and 2.40 pm – 6.00 pm
N.B. 2.00 pm – 2.40 pm – TEACHER BREAK – no interviews available
All interviews will be approximately 5 minutes in duration and will be allocated at 10 minute intervals.
To support the health and safety of all members of our school community we will implement the following measures:
- Hand sanitiser and face masks will be available to families
- We will utilise numerous large open spaces on each campus to maximise social distancing
- Ventilation will be enhanced in meeting areas and air purifiers will be utilised
- We ask that any parents/carers and students who are feeling unwell or who are experiencing symptoms to contact the college to make arrangements for discussions to occur over the phone.
The COMPASS Portal will be open to allow parents/carers to make appointments from today until Monday August 14 at 4.00pm.
- Instructions outlining how to book appointments on Compass using a web browser and the mobile app are attached to this message.
- Parents/carers who would like support to make appointments can contact reception on their campus.
- Families requiring an interpreter can also make this request as part of the booking process on Compass.
- Families are recommended to access current progress reports via the COMPASS app prior to their appointment time. Current Progress Reports will be available for all students from Friday August 4.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY PARENTS/CARERS WITH SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS WILL BE ABLE TO ATTEND ONSITE FOR INTERVIEWS.
There will be no classes on Tuesday August 15. Students are required to attend the Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences with their parent/carer. Students who do not attend will be marked absent on the day.
We look forward to seeing you and your child on this day. In the event that you are not able to attend, please contact reception at your campus to make alternative arrangements to have a discussion with your son/daughter’s teachers.